Unable to receive emails

tooter 13:40 06 Jan 2015
Answered

I have just transferred my Broadband from TalkTalk/Tiscali to BT, since then I have been unable to send emails on my old Tiscali Windows Live Mail account, I can still receive emails though. BT said that my Tiscali Windows Live Mail account would be unaffected after I transferred to them. (Windows Live Mail/Windows 7) I have ticked the Outgoing Mail Server authentication box in Accounts/Properties/Servers but it made no difference. Details of error message: - The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's email address. The sender's email address was 't*@tiscali.co.uk'. Subject Test page Server Error: 530 Server Response: 530 Authentication required Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78 Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No

Thanks for your Help

tooter 14:21 06 Jan 2015

Sorry title should read "Unable to SEND emails"

spuds 16:46 06 Jan 2015

If it been your original title, and you could not receive. Then there is a way around this, but I am not sure about sending an email via the following link, you might need to try this out.

You will need your TalkTalk username and password, plus on the opening page, select 'secure login' for extra safety. Mail2web click here the rest of your request, someone better informed than me, might reply.

For

Secret-Squirrel 17:31 06 Jan 2015
Answer

" I have ticked the Outgoing Mail Server authentication box in Accounts/Properties/Servers.............."

Did you also check that under "Settings" it's set to "Use same settings as my incoming mail server"? While you're there, click the "Advanced" tab and change the outgoing mail port number from 25 to 587. Apply those changes and try again.

tooter 20:49 07 Jan 2015

Thanks Secret-Squirrel changing the 25 to 587 worked Good Job Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?