unable to read CD-R images on DVD recorder

gnomes 20:32 27 Jul 2005

I have a new Panasonic DVD Recorder. Manual states it will read still pictures JPEG & TIFF from CD-R.
I have photos on a CD-R formatted & burnt by ROXIA Direct CD program.
Recorder will not recognise that the CD-R is in the machine.
Recorder works correctly with DVD's & CD Audio.
Advice to overcome the problem will be appreciated
GNOMES

mattyc_92 20:34 27 Jul 2005

You need the Roxio program installed on the computer you have transfered the files to in order for it to be recognised.

Try Nero (click here) which you can download a FREE 30 day fully working trial of it.

SEASHANTY 20:53 27 Jul 2005

I have burned several SVCD photo slide shows using TIFF files using the program for this contained in Roxio Media Creator 7. They all work on fine on my Panasonic S27 DVD Player (which also plays DVD-RAM discs BTW). I haven't tried them on my Panasonic DVD recorder but if they play on the PLAYER then they will certainly play on the RECORDER. You need to make a video CD-R not a data CD-R.

Simsy 22:15 27 Jul 2005

the problem is that you have "burnt by ROXIA Direct CD program". This is a "drag and drop" method onto a formatted CD.

Special software is needed to read such discs, (which is installed as part of the DirectCd burning software).

This software is not present in cd/dvd players hence the problem.

You will need to burn the CD using "ordinary" cdburning software, i.e. not "packet writing" such as DirectCD or InCD.

I hope this helps makes the problem clearer, if not the solution!

Regards,

Simsy

gnomes 20:01 01 Aug 2005

Many thanks to Mattyc-92, Seashanty & Simsy for the advice. I am now working to resolve the problem. Regards GNOMES

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?