Unable to print from Yahoo in Firefox

Dannyb 16:16 03 May 2009

For a while now I have been having difficulties in printing the content of an email from Yahoo in Firefox I have Firefox 3.0.10 I double click on the header to the message and then on the 'Print' icon but nothing happens, I have tried 'Control Print' still nothing. I have to go back to the inbox and then select 'File' 'Print' but that prints the whole page and not just the message. I cannot understand why this happens. Also, Yahoo is no longer showing the small boxes before the list of messages where I can place a tick nor any place where I can place a 'flag'. I did uninstall and re-install Firefox but it made no difference. Haas anybody any ideas to help me please?

Sea Urchin 17:11 03 May 2009

To print a Yahoo message in Firefox you need to highlight (or open) the message, and then click the Print icon at the top of the message. If nothing happens then you probably have pop-ups blocked by Firefox.

Dannyb 19:30 03 May 2009

Thanks Sea Urchin, I have tried that and I don't have pop-ups blocked by Firefox, still doesn't work though.

woodchip 20:35 03 May 2009

Why not go to Menu in Firefox under file you should get Print Preview

Sea Urchin 22:09 03 May 2009

Pop-ups are blocked in Firefox by default, so if you've reinstalled then they may now be blocked. Go to Tools/Options/Content and make sure that Yahoo mail is an exception.

Dannyb 22:11 03 May 2009

I uninstalled Firefox and re-installed. It seems to be OK now. Thanks all for your help.

Sea Urchin 22:16 03 May 2009

Thanks for the feedback - glad it's fixed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?