Unable to print in Outlook 2007

witchywoo 12:45 02 Aug 2007

I have a Lexmark printer and XP sp2 with office 2007. The printer works great on all the software eg Word, Excel etc but in Outlook, I get the message Unable to load "lxaiPRP.dll" Using default, Error 126. I have tried lexmark who are no help at all. They told me to try Micosoft. There is nothing there either. Can anyone give me any help?

Chris the Ancient 12:55 02 Aug 2007

load lxaiPRP.dll into google. I got 100 hits and there are quite a few other forums covering this.

I'll be honest, I haven't read through those other forum threads - but there might be something there.

witchywoo 16:09 02 Aug 2007

A lot of the google hits are mine from the Computeractive forum. I still have no solution though.

jbam 21:31 02 Apr 2008

I had this problem. the latest version of IE 7 was the cause. Went back to the previous version of IE 7, printing ok now.

witchywoo 21:10 03 Apr 2008

I think that if I uninstall IE7 I will get back to IE6. Thank you for your response though.

mkhcpa 16:57 06 Jun 2009

When I attempt to print from Outlook 2007 with a Lexmark Z645 I receive an error message that says "Unable to load "LXAIPRP.dll" Using default, Error 126."

Below is what I have been able to establish at this point.

1) Outlook 2007 is the only application that does this.
2) Installing Service Pack 2 does not resolve the the problem.
3) Completely reinstalling Windows XP as a clean installation with only Outlook 2007 and the Lexmark drivers does not resolve the problem.
3) This problem does not exist on Vista computers using HP printers.
4) Lexmark does not consider this to be their problem and therefore has no interest in resolving the problem.
5) Microsoft does not consider this to be their problem and has no interest in resolving the problem.
6) Using a program called Regmon I took pictures of the Windows registry when printing from Word and Excel 2007. What I noticed is Word and Excel open keys with references to files on the hard drive under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Outlook 2007 tried to open references under HKEY_CURRENT_USER but when the references could not be found the error was generated.

In an effort to resolve this I exported all the entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE that were referenced by Word and Excel and imported them under HKEY_CURRENT_USER. This did not work I believe because the files on the hard drive are written to work with the references under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

The only other thing I think could be factor would be the profile reference for either Windows XP or Outlook in relation to what the machime profile reference might be be.

As you can see I know nothing but would appreciate the help of a qualified individual on this matter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?