Unable to print documents from Internet

xtone 18:10 25 Feb 2005

I am running Internet Explorer under Windows 98SE and have suddenly ceased to be able to print down documents - HTML or PDF - from the Internet or to print e-mails. I get the following Error Message:

An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line 28
Char 1
Error Incompatible version of the RPC stub.
Code 0
URL: res://C.WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/preview.dlg
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Would appreciate help as this problem is making life very difficult for me as you can imagine.

xtone 22:05 25 Feb 2005

This is an add-on to the original thread. I neglected to mention I had already checked that Disable script de-bugging is checked and that Display a notification about every script error is unnchecked but I still get these error messages. I have also checked for spyware with Spybot, Ad Aware and Anonymiser.

VoG II 22:15 25 Feb 2005
  naviator 15:34 26 Feb 2005

I have had the same problem over the past ten days. It first started after I renewed my subscription to my security system provider which, incidentally, is worth every penny. However I think the fault which appeared was purely coincidental. Having tried everything mentioned on this site together with what Microsoft had to offer - and none of it worked - I uninstalled IE6 completely which left me with IE5. I could print from this. Obviously then a browser problem. I have a Wanadoo Broadband disk although Broadband is not yet available in my area. HOWEVER the disk contains a copy of IE6 which takes about 7 minutes to download to the computer - by dial-up from Microsoft it takes 1 hour and 50 minutes! Other providers' disks probably contain a copy of IE6 too. Anyway this is a cautionary tale - don't muck about (I wasted several hours trying to sort it) simply uninstall and then re-install your browser by whatever means. Hope this helps.

Fellsider 15:38 26 Feb 2005

IE6 is on the download page of this site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

14 best picture books for children

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017