Unable To Play Media Files

AubreyS 15:25 25 Sep 2004

Hello all.

I have been having trouble trying to play some media files in Windows Media Player version 9. This is one that I am not able to play click here I have Win XP Pro. I would rather not upgrade to version 10. I have seen it and I'm not very keen. I guess its just a codec that I need to download. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks A.

hugh-265156 15:33 25 Sep 2004

what happens when you try to play the video exactly please? do you use a firewall and is media player allowed internet access?

ps. the video streams on the website above all work ok for me but there is no sound with any of them.

AubreyS 15:48 25 Sep 2004

Well it appears to play but there is no video. I don't think that clip has any sound on it.

I'm only using the firewall that SP2 has provided. It plays on my other PC with exactly the same setup.

hugh-265156 15:56 25 Sep 2004

not sure sorry but try this though. open media player and click 'tools/options/file types' and click 'select all' also click the 'player' tab and tick 'download codecs automaticaly' thats all i can think of sorry.

bretsky 15:56 25 Sep 2004

Clinked on your link, and I have wmp10 on a B/B connection which took 10 seconds buffering time, then action, but no sound.

Are you B/B?

bretsky ;0)

pj123 16:00 25 Sep 2004

Download and use JetAudio from click here

AubreyS 18:13 25 Sep 2004

Hi bretsky. Yes all file types were selected to start with, so thats not the problem and download codecs automaticaly is already ticked too. Thanks.

Hi pj123. I already have other media players on the PC but I want to use Windows Media Player. The fact the same one plays OK on the other PC makes me more determined to sort out the problem on this one. Thanks.

AubreyS 23:35 25 Sep 2004

?

AubreyS 10:08 26 Sep 2004

bump

Stuartli 11:13 26 Sep 2004

If you download the K-Lite standard codecs pack from:

click here

you will be covered for the majority of situations.

Stuartli 11:18 26 Sep 2004

I've just tried your link with dialup (Windows Media Player 10) - the video is fine but there is no sound.

So it's not a case of you having perhaps inadvertently muted the sound in WMP9...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?