Unable to play game !

Snigsy 10:05 27 Aug 2006

I have a copy of Hidden Expedition.......Tiatanic on a recordable disc. It is a compressed file and uses a self extracting tool (winrar) to install it on to my computer. However I am unable to load the game. The programme is saved in My Documents and when I left click the icon to highlight it in the folder I notice the file extension EXE is missing. Any ideas ?

howard63 10:21 27 Aug 2006

known extensions are ofter not shown and you can set them to show or be hidden. Look in add remove progs in control panel to see if the prog has been installed.

ACOLYTE 10:49 27 Aug 2006

I assume it is a copy of a game,hence why it is on a recorable cd,and in a rar file,it may be that who ever copied it left the EXE file out as this is usualy protected and wouldnt start without the origanal cd,it may be you need a nocd patch to get the game to work.

It may also be that the file is an Iso file and needs coping to a cd and then installing from that.

Snigsy 11:03 27 Aug 2006

In reply to the two threads posted, howard63 and Acolyte. I have managed to install and load the game on another computer so I know that it will install from that disc. Also, on that computer the icon shows the file extension after I have highlighted it. It only seems to not work on one particular laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?