Unable to open some sites.

Billy Boy 08:46 08 Oct 2004

I get the following error message when I try to open some sites on my laptop - Internet Explorer was not able to open this site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.
Some sites download but with the flash content missing. I tried to download Flash 7 from Macromedia but the flash content is missing from their site so therefor I can go no further.
When I try to open the various sites on my PC everything works O.K. Both machines run on XP. I installed Service Pack 2 in the hope that this would cure the problem - wrong.
Ny ideas guys?

JonnyTub 09:18 08 Oct 2004

try downloading the flash player from here click here it's the first selection.

Billy Boy 09:35 08 Oct 2004

Thanks JonnyTub,
I got he following error message when I tried to download Flash - Internet Explorer cannot download...&type=31205ontid=20&siteid=4 from software files.download.com

JonnyTub 13:00 08 Oct 2004

try again it is working, i promise you.

Billy Boy 15:04 08 Oct 2004

Thanks JonnyTub but I still get the same error message when I try to download.
I know it will work on my PC but due to this problem it won't work from my laptop.
Thanks anyway,
Billy Boy

JonnyTub 15:39 08 Oct 2004

Try downloading on your pc and transferring via, floppy, cd, etc to the laptop and running like that.

Billy Boy 14:15 09 Oct 2004

Hi JonnyTub,
I tried downloading on my PC but I did not get the option of saving to floppy. The download took seconds and disappeared into my PC somewhere.
Thanks for spending your time on this.
I shall have to think about reformatting my hard drive (which brings tears to my eyes).
Oh, one other thing that might have a bearing on the problem, I tried to go back to the last check point and re-install but the machine could not do this. Tried various check points but with the same result.
Thanks again,
Billy Boy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?