Unable to open Outlook Express.

ribo 12:21 01 Jul 2006

Can anyone help please.
At times,I am unable to open Outlook Express.
I click on the icon and nothing happens. If I click again I eventually get a message which reads " O/E could not be started because another instance of it is still running on your computer..."
I have mailwash pro and the same thing happens if I open this and click "process mail."
Sometimes the prog.opens ok and then it just starts giving me these messages and only a restart will solve the problem.
I am using XP Home. Avg and A squared.
Thanks j

VoG II 12:28 01 Jul 2006

click here should repair OE as well.

ribo 13:57 01 Jul 2006

Thank you for your reply. I have done a SFC. I cannot know if this has cured the problem until it starts acting up again.
I tried the alternate fix. Found the 1e.inf file and tried to install it,as instructed. But I became upstuck when it asked me to type the path where the file is located. I tried with the XP Mome CD in the drive and also Service pack 2 disk but did not get anywhere. I shall just wait and see if the SFC has cured it. Thanks. j

ribo 10:49 03 Jul 2006

I have had no problems for the past two days,so thank you. I shall mark this as resolved and hope it is. J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?