unable to open msword document

end 19:02 23 Aug 2004

document e mailed to me as application/msword ; will open on main but not lap-top computer;
both on Win98se;
received into lap-top , tries to open in wordpad, fails and tells me i have performed "an illegal operation ";

puzzled; why can I not open it on lap-top but can on main computer.am on lap-top at present.

and, have just discovered that I cannot even "open a new document"; where do I look to see if I have a way of creating a new document on here...am extremely puzzled...

my start menue does got include "new document"...??wot has "appened:)or wot is "missing " here ?(apart from my sanity)

this is on lap-top.

VoG II 19:04 23 Aug 2004

Erm, perhaps a silly question but: are you sure that you have Word installed on the laptop? Is it listed in Start, Programs?

end 19:09 23 Aug 2004

nope; cant find it in "windows set up" , or in control pannel, or anywhere...:(

where can I find it on here...extremely puzzled:(

VoG II 19:13 23 Aug 2004

It isn't part of Windows. It is part of Microsoft Office. Do you have the disk for that? It is legal to install one copy of Office on both a desktop and a laptop.

end 19:17 23 Aug 2004

i do ..but..."issues" with it...will e mail u:)

end 19:50 23 Aug 2004

put it this way..a version of it is on here now...but took a long time to "think about it"...so far lappy doing what it should be....but am an eternal pessimist ,so...:(

end 20:05 23 Aug 2004

"sorted" I think...will post back if "glitches"....tas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?