Unable to open attachments

amyjen7 09:47 22 Oct 2010

I run Vista Home Premium. My provider is Talk Talk,I use Internet Explorer 8 & I have Microsoft Works 2007. Since Talk Talk altered the Email look I have been unable to open any attachments & receive this message “Works cannot open “C:\Users\keith Lingard\AppData\local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\low\Content.IES\LY7KL6IJ\logline2(1)wps”. The file may be in use by another application, the file format may not be supported by any of the installed converters or may be corrupt”
To get round this I save the file to downloads & open it from there. Can someone please explain how to I get over this? I did a test & sent myself an email with an attachment & got the same response Help would be very much appreciated. I am 65 so my knowledge of computers is limited. Thank very much
Keith

birdface 10:11 22 Oct 2010

Something to do with EML file.
This is an example of what it does but this is for Outlook express so not sure about Talk talk.

click here

You need that file usually to open attachments.
If talk talk is your defauld e-mail provider it should have this file.
If you use another e-mail provider it will probably be on that and may have to be transferred but not sure how you would do it.
I am sure someone will be able to give you further advice.
All I know is that you need the EML File.

birdface 20:24 22 Oct 2010

Maybe try this it has worked for others.

1) go to IE
2) choose Internet option
3) security
4) custom level
5) mixed content
6) select enable in place of prompt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?