unable to log on to windows xp

juliekn 11:05 14 Dec 2013

I have an advent 4211c with windows xp. I cannot log on because I can't input my passwords. I think its after a windows update. I have tried the workaround on Microsoft's website, but that is the same. I have tried to enter safe mode, to either remove important files or use windows restore, but I get a tech guys box with some options, not the ones I want, and I don't know how to remove that so that I can go into safe mode. Does anyone know if there is another way to.log on without using my password (I can log on as a guest, but can't access my files or make any changes). Alternatively, is there an alternative keyboard I can use (it doesn't have PS2) or can I bypass the tech guys stuff to go into safe mode myself?

Secret-Squirrel 12:38 14 Dec 2013

"Does anyone know if there is another way to.log on without using my password"

If you're running XP Home, then by default, the normally hidden Administrator" account has no password and you can use that to access Windows and reset your password. Try this:

At the XP Welcome Screen, press CTRL+ALT+Delete twice and the Welcome Screen should be replaced by a dialogue box. In the username section, type administrator, leave the password blank and see if that lets you in.

Baming 06:33 16 Dec 2013

The traditional way to solve this problem is reinstall Windows XP or restore it to factory settings. As we all know, Windows computer has no password required to login default. But the disadvantage of these traditional ways is data loss probably.Here I introduce another effective way for you. It can guarantee computer safety and high affection. Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.2 works like that.

Follow this [video][2], learn to use it to bypass Windows XP login admin password.

2]: [click here

Secret-Squirrel 08:39 16 Dec 2013

"The traditional way to solve this problem is reinstall Windows XP or restore it to factory settings"

Rubbish. It's only people who don't know how to fix computers that suggest that as a first course of action.

"Here I introduce another effective way for you.............Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.2"

There are plenty of effective and free password-reset tools available so there's no need for anyone to pay for the product you're promoting.

Secret-Squirrel 10:11 16 Dec 2013

"At the XP Welcome Screen, press CTRL+ALT+Delete twice"

I didn't have access to an XP PC when I posted that advice, and now after trying it, I realise you may not get it to work. The trick is to hold down CTRL+ALT then press the Delete button twice.

Don't forget to return with some feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?