Unable to log into Autotrader Website

micemews 20:42 17 Nov 2007

Yesterday I was I was able to log into the Autotrader Website (click here)and I was looking at an enlarged photo of a car and then I closed that window by clicking the red cross in order to return to the main list of cars. To my surprise the website closed altogether.

Since then I am only able to get into that website if I disable my Kaspersky Internet Security.

Could anyone suggest how I can resolve this problem please.

birdface 20:49 17 Nov 2007

Works ok for me,probably your Firewall needs re-configured to allow it.

rdave13 21:40 17 Nov 2007

Try deleting your cookies and temporary files, Control panel, internet options, general tab, delete tab and delete temp internet files and cookies. Reboot and try again.

birdface 22:51 17 Nov 2007

Can you just turn off the Firewall only and see if it works ok ,Then you can take it it is a Firewall problem.

birdface 22:52 17 Nov 2007

Can you just turn off the Firewall only and see if it works ok ,Then you can take it it is a Firewall problem.

birdface 22:53 17 Nov 2007

Sorry about the double posting,I/E problem.

micemews 18:49 20 Nov 2007

Thanks all for your suggestions. The problem I have relates only to Autotrader, I think.

If I delete temporary files and cookies then I can get into Autotrader if this is the first website I try afterwards. If I have gone into another website fist then I cannot get into Autotrader.

If I turn off my Kaspersky Firewall I still cannot access Autotrader unless I carry out the procedure re temporary files and cookies above.

If I disable completely my Kaspersky Internet Security then I can get into Autotrader.

I know that this might be considered to be a minor problem, but if anyone has any other ideas as to how to resolve it, I would be most grateful.

birdface 18:59 20 Nov 2007

Once you get into auto trader can you save it to favorites then get in that way.

birdface 19:14 20 Nov 2007

Maybe try running C Cleaner that may help.or the next time you get into Autotrader,If on IE7 go to View. Web page privacy policy,And make sure Autotrader is not disallowed.If so Enable it.And while you are in there click on Autotrader to highlite it and press summary.Then dot the box on the left that says always allow this site to use cookies.Ok and see if that makes any difference.

rawprawn 19:23 20 Nov 2007

You could try winsock repair, open the cmd propnt and type netsh winsock reset and hit enter, but be careful click here. When you lose accessability to one site it is usually caused by a corrupt layered service provider

birdface 13:04 21 Nov 2007

Hi,Any luck yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?