Unable to log on --- Again

mooly 11:24 05 Jan 2009

Been trying to log on for 4 hours. Home page appears instantly, as do forums, but the log in page, the "about" page, "register" etc all give a blank screen with the "waiting for http PCadvisor xxxx" message. The progress bar gets a third of the way and freezes. This is the only site I have trouble with.

Technotiger 11:39 05 Jan 2009

Have you ticked the Auto Log-on box in your Profile?, I never need to Log-on, it is always automatic.

birdface 11:40 05 Jan 2009

Maybe run C Cleaner and your security programs first.If using IE7 while in the home page try View.Web page privacy policy.And make sure nothing id disabled on there.

birdface 11:41 05 Jan 2009

Switch your Firewall of and see if you still get the problems.

mooly 11:58 05 Jan 2009

I haven't ticked the box ( Didn't know there was one ! ) Will have a look.
Yes I ran CCleaner, no change. As of 11.30 today it's instant !! Very strange. I tried many times, tried clicking refresh, all sorts, then it suddenly works.

mooly 13:09 05 Jan 2009

Testing testing !! The box is ticked, thanks Technotiger. Instant at the moment.

retep888 14:42 05 Jan 2009

You can't log in but I still get auto logout. :-(

Strange.(FE's magic silver mouse is doing some testing?) :-)

mooly 16:43 05 Jan 2009

Still instant. This is the only site that seems to do this. I know I am not the only one to have this problem going off other threads.

Technotiger 16:51 05 Jan 2009

Plenty of people don't seem to notice the box to be ticked for Auto Log-on.

mooly 17:01 05 Jan 2009

Would it have still worked I wonder this morning. I tried dozens of times to log on, but it wasn't just the log in page not available as I mentioned earlier -- weird. Tick this as resolved I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?