Unable to install Windows Updates

B33J 21:22 30 Jul 2007

I don't know what the hell I have done to my machnine but for some reason I cannot seem to install any updates from Microsoft anymore. My PC will automatically download them but when it comes to installing them, and there are a lot, it just fails.

Does anyone know of a reason for this?

pj1664 22:43 30 Jul 2007

Try this click here

birdface 22:46 30 Jul 2007

We are all infected by the biggest bug ever,It's called Microsoft.Its been a right pain in the butt since its last up-dates and to think that we have more coming in a fortnight.God help us.Try going back about a week on here there were a lot of people with the same problem,including myself.We are all hoping that they are going to have a fix for it in their next load of up-dates,but don't hold your breath.

birdface 23:02 30 Jul 2007

A few folk tried this,And it worked for them,click here Dial-a-fix.exe.Its been a week but If I remember it is a zip file and you have to unzip it.And when you run it you have to click on the green arrow and press !!I think it was repair or start,Anyhow I am sure someone will explain it to you.Once you have run it .Just try and download your up-dates again.Sorry I am a bit Vague but getting to that age.

birdface 00:27 31 Jul 2007

You could try this from another thread. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?