Unable to install QuickTime 7.1.5

mccoy 04:42 20 Mar 2007

every time i try to install quicktime it begins the process and then i am told that it cannot uninstall a previous version and cancels the process...i have gone through the registry,CLSID, log files and have cleaned out everything i can find but to no avail...thanks for any help!!!

€dstowe 06:25 20 Mar 2007

When QT started sulking in a similar way on one of my machines, I installed QT alternative click here and have never regretted it. I don't use the "official" version of QT on any machine now.

Seems odd that a company (Apple) should put so much disabling restriction on their software when a large part of what it does is to promote their own products or act as an inducement to upgrade.

mccoy 07:44 20 Mar 2007

thanks to cdstowe...i have always used quicktime alternative except when i bought encylopedia brittanica 2006 deluxe...it didn't like the alternative...this all came about when i tried to update quicktime 7...it did work fine with the earlier version of quicktime...so much for the encylopedia...i don't think i want to deal with any more apple products....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone