Unable to get free key for Ashampoo Burning Studio

AtomikNoize 20:44 04 Mar 2007

Hello everyone,

I just got the April 2007 issue of PC Advisor Magazine (DVD). I installed Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 from the DVD. The readme said I can get a key that will make it a full free version.

The readme file says:

This is a full version!
------------------------------------------------
To start the online registration procedure just select ‘Get Full Version Key’ in the ‘Internet’ menu. If you are not already online the program will prompt you to establish a connection to the Internet. Your free full version key code will then be sent to you to the e-mail address you provide. Select ‘Enter Reg/Trial Key’ in the ‘Internet‘ menu and enter the key code in the input field displayed. (Use copy and paste to make sure the code is entered correctly.) That's it!
------------------------------------------------

1.I do not have the ‘Get Full Version Key’ in the ‘Internet’ menu.
2.When I go to Help-->Buy/Register I get a window with 4 choices - one of which says "Obtain a FREE full version key".
3. But I when I select that and press "OK" - it *asks* for a key (which Im trying to get in the first place!)

I must add that prior to this I was evaluating a TRIAL version of Burning Studio 5 (they sent me a 45-day trial key) - could this have affected installation of BS6? (I did unintall ver 5)

What URL should I go to to get the free full version key as offered by PC Advisor and secondly how do I know I have a trial version of BS6 and not the trial version? The Help manu does not give the status of the sofware.

Can someone please help, I would be grateful :)

conrail 21:16 04 Mar 2007

click here
I use quite a few ashampoo programs and have created an account under "myashampoo" in which all keys, full and trial are stored

Strawballs 21:36 04 Mar 2007

I thought it was a pain and drawn out!

AtomikNoize 21:46 04 Mar 2007

Thanks for replying guys :) I fixed it. I found out that for some reason the installation was unable to launch my borwser (Opera) to the specific URL with PC Advisors offer. However I remembered that the error window that said it was unable to launch the browser also showed the URL it was trying to connect to in the title bar! So I just left the error window open and manually typed in the URL.

I now have a fully working BS6 - THANX PC ADVISOR! This burning program is perfect :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?