Unable to get e-mails on broadband with Outlk Expr

dynosor 17:34 14 Apr 2003

I have just changed from Freeserve anytime to Freeserve Broadband and seem unable to get e-mails "The host 'pop.freeserve.com' could not be found" is the message. I have checked all the Account details and they seem Ok.Has any one any ideas? I can get e-mails by using the Home Page in Freeserve,I am using Win 98sd.

Bebee 17:47 14 Apr 2003

I'm not familiar with Freeserve, but check the 'connections' tab in the account settings (Tools - Accounts - Properties) and see that is set correctly for you new connection and doesn't specify your dial-up account.

hellred 17:51 14 Apr 2003

......... and whilst you doing that ensure you have set the broadband to default........

crx16 17:53 14 Apr 2003

could you check that your new ADSL modem is set as default.control panel\dial-up networking.

or even go into OE, your FS account\properties\connection and check the 'always connect to this account using...'

more of the same.

dynosor 18:10 14 Apr 2003

I have done all that, and still get the message.

crx16 18:16 14 Apr 2003

delete the account and try again.this time try pop.freeserve.net instead of .com as they both work.

dynosor 18:22 14 Apr 2003

crx16
Yes tried that yesterday

hellred 23:28 26 Apr 2003

when you signed for broadband did they assign you a new user name and password ???

Check you are using the correct one in the account properties

You might still have the previous account settings running, the server address does not change but your log on details must.

dynosor 12:30 27 Apr 2003

Thanks "hellred" I have checked that out, still no good. Have now bought another HD and installed XP, no problems in XP, just have to move all my work over from 98. I tried 98 just now, still the same result, strange isn't it? Thanks everybody.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?