Unable to get back online after switching off?

premier man 15:09 19 Nov 2009

I have just installed NETGEAR Wireless-GUSB Adapter to a 2nd PC Running Windows XP from a IMAC PC .
I managed to get a healthy Signal and get Online OK but if I switch off the PC overnight and then switch on again in the morning I cannot get online, even though it still shows a good signal.
Do I have to use the CD each time I wan't to go back on line or am I not doing something right?
gordie

tullie 17:23 19 Nov 2009

Dont know the answer,but you dont need the cd.

mgmcc 08:59 20 Nov 2009

If you're using Windows' Wireless Zero Configuration to manage the wireless networking, in the Network Connections folder, right click the Wireless Network Connection and select Properties. Select the Wireless Networks tab, highlight your network in the Preferred Networks list and click the Properties button. In the Connection tab of the box that opens, tick the option "Connect when this network is in range".

If using third-party software provided with the wireless adapter, it should save a "profile" after the initial connection which it then uses to connect automatically in future when the network is available.

premier man 10:30 20 Nov 2009

OK guys thanks will have a go
gordie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?