Unable to get into any website

ponytail 19:30 03 Sep 2014

I was sent a email a email today with a attachment but when I tried to get into it got a message internet explorer had stopped working and it mentioned firefox anyway after trying for about 15 mins with no luck I decided to uninstall firefox rightly or wrongly now when I click on any short cut to any web site I get this message couldnt load XPCOM firefox is written in the top L/H corner can someone help.Have printed this on my wifes laptop

ponytail 20:03 03 Sep 2014

Have just done a system restore and now get this message when I click on a shortcut to a website.

Unable to open this internet shortcut the protocol "https" does not have a registered program.Cannot create new shortcut as unable to get into Google.

ponytail 20:54 03 Sep 2014

Resolved by doing the following Went into control panel selected Default Programs Then selected Set program access and computer defaults Then Custom then click the down arrow then select internet explorer clicked ok Set your default programs select internet explorer set this as the default program It now seems to be ok Will wait a while before giving the green tick Found this info on google using my wifes laptop

ponytail 20:55 03 Sep 2014

Resolved by doing the following Went into control panel selected Default Programs Then selected Set program access and computer defaults Then Custom then click the down arrow then select internet explorer clicked ok Set your default programs select internet explorer set this as the default program It now seems to be ok Will wait a while before giving the green tick Found this info on google using my wifes laptop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?