Unable establish bilateral printer communication

Gugs 23:20 08 Jan 2004

With 98SE,Epson C82 and Inksaver - After working correctly for several months PC has now started to advise that it "cannot establish bilateral communication with the printer - reinstal driver." whenever I ask it to print: although the printer will still print as required and Inksaver still works the 'Status Monitor 3' is inoperative. Uninstalling Inksaver and printer and re-installing printer only,checking printer cable connections does not help. Any suggestions please. Regards

woodchip 23:32 08 Jan 2004

Check the printer spool properties have not changed.
Start\Settings\Printers "Right Click Your Printer"\properties\details\Spool Settings check you have Bi-Directional checked

Gugs 22:55 09 Jan 2004

Thanks for trying but 'Bi-Directional' confirmed as being already checked. Regards.

Swampy 07:18 10 Jan 2004

What is? I have a similar problem with my HP.

Sheila-214876 12:26 10 Jan 2004

Check the BIOS and make sure the printer is set as ECP+EPP and not SPP.

Gugs 22:27 10 Jan 2004

Where abouts in bios please? x unable to find any reference to printer there. Thanks

Sheila-214876 11:27 11 Jan 2004

Depending on your BIOS it could be under Advanced or Peripheral Configuration. If not look for Onboard Parallel Port in all the pages.

Gugs 23:31 11 Jan 2004

Found Onboard Parallel Port Mode in 'Features Set-up' and changed from SPP to EPP. No luck.
My thanks for your efforts Cheers.

DieSse 00:18 12 Jan 2004

Both Epson and HP recommend the parallel port is set to ECP.

You could try changing your cable.

You could try unistalling the printer driver AND status monitor, and re-installing them both.

Gugs 01:10 23 Jan 2004

After spending the last week or so chasing Epson for answers,without getting the problem fixed, (although I was impressed by the content and speed of their responses ) I finally solved the puzzle by deleting all references to C82 on my PC then copying over the Epson file from an old, discarded, Hard Disc. Why this should work when attempts to re-install from two separate driver CDs failed time and time again is beyond me so I'll just be grateful. Thanks for assistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?