Unable to eject DVD-RAM drive

Mutant_Llama 09:21 02 Apr 2006

I have an LG DVD-RAM that is showing power and that it seems to be working ok (recognised in my computer and BIOS) but when I press the eject button (or software eject) the ligh just flashes for 30 seconds or so then stops.

I suspect that the drawer may be stuck, is there a way to manually open it or could it be something else?

rawprawn 09:25 02 Apr 2006

There will be a small hole at the front, gently push a straightened paperclip in and it will release the tray.

Les 09:26 02 Apr 2006

There is usually a small pin hole on the front of the unit. Straighten a paper clip (or use a similar gauge piece of wire - obviously it has to be rigid!) use this to open the door by just shoving it through the pin hole, you will feel resistance, push gently and the door should open.

Les 09:27 02 Apr 2006

Snap

rawprawn 09:34 02 Apr 2006

Open Sesame!!

Mutant_Llama 16:36 05 Apr 2006

Yep ta have managed to get my CD back but the drawer drive motor is totally knackered and will not read disks either. Warranty claim for LG!

Stuartli 16:52 05 Apr 2006

You should always turn your system off before inserting a pin into the small hole to open a non-functioning drive tray (for obvious reasons).

You've most likely put a disk in without ensuring that it is completely flat in the tray's compartment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?