unable to download covers

bananaslik 10:43 05 Dec 2004

hi,i have just formatted my h/drive & reloaded xp with sp2,when i go to cdcovers.cc i can no longer download the covers,i select the cover that i want & nothing happens.The box which should show the front,back or cd label is there but there is nothing in it.I have disabled the sp2 firewall & pop-up blocker but i am lost now.some other sites(only a limited few will allow me to download)but the majority will not,in some where the cover should be it just has a red cross with a white background.Hope u can help - many thanks

bananaslik 11:04 05 Dec 2004

no not as yet,i did have this prob a few years ago but cannot remember what to do

roy 11:17 05 Dec 2004

Hi! Have just tried that website and also found that nothing was downloaded. I did find that I could right-click on the picture and 'save as' but as this gave me a file of only 93 KB it may not be good enough for your purpose.

bananaslik 11:20 05 Dec 2004

hi Roy i could'nt even get the picture,all i could do was select the picture i would like & that was it -nothing happened

ACOLYTE 11:53 05 Dec 2004

I have just tried to dload a cover at ramdom and it worked first time,i tried a lable as well and this also worked,it doesnt dload as such when the pic appears you need to save it to hdd.

paddyjack 11:55 05 Dec 2004

Try this site I think it is better click here just cancel the downloader it keeps poping up to annoy you, also this one click here

bananaslik 12:31 05 Dec 2004

thanks paddyjack but the same hapens i get to where the covers shuld b & i get a white square with a red cross in it & no cover

VoG II 12:39 05 Dec 2004
  ACOLYTE 12:42 05 Dec 2004

click here maybe this will help.

paddyjack 15:06 05 Dec 2004

If you email me the ones you want I might be able to help, I have a goodly collection on my comp

bananaslik 15:15 05 Dec 2004

Vog,ACOLYTE thanks for the suggestions i have tried them but to no avail,i also d/loaded & installed java 2 runtime enviroment which was in a link from microsoft to Sun but it had no effect.OOOh well back to the drawing board..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?