Unable to delete 'statusprocess' file

Phil930 23:05 04 Jan 2006

Yesterday my broadband connection dropped, so I went into my modem/router to try and reconnect to broadband. At the time I was downloading files for a computer game. The broadband would not re-connect, however some file suddenly appeared in my download folder.

The file is called 'statusprocess'. It does not run. It does not contain a virus according to AVG. However, I can do nothing with the file. How it got there I don't know. I want to delete it but it simply won't go. I have tried with no other applications running and still it will not go. I have tried after a reboot, I have tried with disabled internet connection yet have had no success.

This screenprint shows the file and the message that appears when I try to delete the file.

click here

VoG II 23:06 04 Jan 2006
  Phil930 23:37 04 Jan 2006

How do I get the command prompt to my downloads folder in the D drive. I can get it to D:\> but I cannot get it to go into the downloads folder.

I have tried dd \downloads, d:\downloads.

Phil930 23:42 04 Jan 2006

Nevermind the above, I managed to get there by using cd "downloads". Next problem is it can't locate the file statusprocess' I am typing it in correctly - (DEL statusprocess).

Phil930 23:45 04 Jan 2006

I am trying DEL <STATUSPROCESS> and getting the response 'the syntax of the command is incorrect.

Skyver 00:40 05 Jan 2006

`del statusprocess.exe` ?

Skyver 00:46 05 Jan 2006

or `del statusprocess.com`

Phil930 16:35 05 Jan 2006

Thanks VOG and Skyver - it worked perfectly. That file has gone.

For record I used:

D:
D:\>cd "downloads"
D:\downloads>del statusprocess.exe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?