Unable To Delete IE8 History

babybell 14:59 04 Jun 2009

I have a strange problem with the history in IE8. When I click the down arrow on the address bar it shows the websites i've visited, then a line followed by my history then a line and my favourites. I ran CCleaner and when i reopened IE8, the sites had gone but history was still there. I then tried cleaning through IE8 Internet settings, ticked all the boxes and ran cleanup, but my history is STILL there! I don't want to have to click the red X next to each line individually as it will take forever! Anyone know whats wrong?

babybell 15:02 04 Jun 2009

I've just clicked the red x's next to the history lines shown (about 5 of them) and they went. Click the drop down arrow again and the history is refreshed with the exact same sites/pages. So it seems that the history in there at the moment wont clear at all?

Clapton is God 15:03 04 Jun 2009

Did you actually tick the Internet History option in CCleaner?

babybell 15:13 04 Jun 2009

Yes, I have all boxes ticked bar the options right near the end. Even the cleaner within IE8 isn't removing the items. Its bizarre.

john bunyan 16:51 04 Jun 2009

Have you read this ?:
click here

babybell 21:36 08 Jun 2009

I've tried that and still no luck, does anyone else have this problem?

bobbybluenose 21:41 08 Jun 2009

try downloading revo unistaller and running it this may help

T I M B O 22:36 08 Jun 2009

what version of ccleaner do you have ? v2.20.920 is the latest.

bobbybluenose 22:41 08 Jun 2009

i have v2.14.70 do you have a link please.

Sea Urchin 00:13 09 Jun 2009

Update CCleaner from within the program - see Check for Updates on bottom bar

babybell 11:10 09 Jun 2009

Am I right in thinking that the CCleaner question was directed at me, or has my post been hijacked?

In either case I am running the very latest CCleaner and it will still not clear my history.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017