unable to delete files

kenski 21:27 25 Feb 2008

this is a strange one .. what ever i delete on restarting the comp the item i deleted has comeback out off the recycle bin and reinstalled its self i have deleted then emptied the bin but it still reappears when i start this is not particular to any individual app but anything i do ieempty a folder say download folder and all its content then when i restart everything is back ... i am using win xp pro

rossgolf 21:33 25 Feb 2008
  kenski 21:53 25 Feb 2008

its way passed unlocker everything goes into the bin but then comes back when i restart

VoG II 22:02 25 Feb 2008

Check for it in msconfig click here

kenski 22:20 25 Feb 2008

been there dun that ran trogan sofware found sum deleted em all came back have renamed folders and files all came back drivingmi mad looks like a format i think ... will probably be quicker

ianeon 07:53 26 Feb 2008

I had nearly the same type of problem - Files/folders that would not delete whichever method I used -- I then used my backup programme "Acronis True Image Home" and it got rid of them quickly and efficiently - Hope this helps

kenski 08:02 26 Feb 2008

i have had alsorts of virus and trojens over the years but this beats the lot it now seems if i download something i can use it i can burn what ever it is to a disk ie tunes etc but as soon as i restart the computer they have all dissapeared i hold up my hands ...luckyly i do back up all my important stuff to disc so a good wipe drive and format looks the best bet. i thank you all for your imput ........ i stand defeated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?