Unable to create/amend Office documents

APM06 14:42 28 Jan 2007

Although everything was working fine, now none of my Office SBE 2003 programs allow me to create or amend documents. In Word I get the message "This modification is not allowed because the document is locked". This seems to point to Activation issues, however I activated Office when I installed it. If I attempt to Activate Product from Help I get no response (wizard does not start and no "already activated" message displayed).

howard64 15:17 28 Jan 2007

try going to the msupdate site and letting it see what updates are available for your copy. Then download them and install - after a reboot all may be well.

APM06 15:30 04 Feb 2007

Thanks for your suggestion but the problem has been solved by my PC supplier (MESH) technical support. Evidently at the time I purchased my new PC they were including a trial offer on Office, although this was uninstalled before despatch (as I had ordered a full Office suite) a registry setting was left in place which treated my version as a trial and so stopped me after 90 days use. MESH supplied me with a registry fix, I had to uninstall Office, run the fix and re-install and now everything seems fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?