Unable to contact ISP or OE...

martinold 00:28 05 Jan 2006

a strange one: on my PC I cannot access Outlook Express, not can I access my ISP's home page (Supanet).

However, on my laptop, sharing the same broadband router, I can access both!

Please help.

Skyver 00:30 05 Jan 2006

Wired or wireless? What model of router? What error messages do you get (if any) - 404 page instead of your ISP?

martinold 07:46 05 Jan 2006

Wired...I should have added that I can connect to all internet sites except my ISP home page and OE. The error message I get through OE is 0x800CCC0F, which,on the KB, tells me to remove OE and reinstall.

When I try to access my ISP home page, I get a 'Cannot Find Server' message.

When I try to check the settings on the router (192.168.0.1) I am told to contact the system administrator, and yet I am logged on as the administrator!

It's got to be something simple!

bobster2 21:20 06 Jan 2006

I have had the exact same problem on my laptop for a couple of days. Can't access supanet website and outlook will not connect either.

There doesn't seem to a problem with any other websites. Have tried disabling my firewall but makes no difference.

Managed to access the website at work and get my emails so I can't understand what the problem is.

Any help would be great.

bobisgay 19:39 07 Jan 2006

I also have had this problem in the last week and still can't access anything to do with supanet, if supanet is written in the web address it loads a blank "cannot find server" page.
This has happend to a couple of other web sites from my favorites list that have nothing to do with supanet.
tried to type the adresses in manually and get directed there by google but no joy.

I have had i home page hyjacker for a few months that wouldnt let me get on google (sent me to a page called "cpannel", seem to have got rid of that (for now) but it usually finds its way back.
Thought the supanet thing might have been to do with this.
Have run every spy, trojan, scanner etc i can find. they either find nothing or lots of stuff that doesnt resolve the problem. My computer is well protected with mcaffee, zone alarm, spysweeper, ad-aware, xsoft spy.

I am using wired usb broudband modem on 1mbit supanet adsl

PLEAE HELP

IF I FIND A CURE I WILL POST RESULTS. (really dont want to have to reinstall windows)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache