Unable to connect IPOD Touch to sky network

collinsc 13:28 09 Aug 2009

Hi

I am attempting to connect my IPOD Touch to my sky broadband connection. I selected 'join network' and typed in the password from the back of the router (if this is the password?) but it would not work - advice appreciated.

thanks

iqs 20:03 09 Aug 2009

Is is a wireless router?.

If yes,the router requires the wireless function be enabled.

When enabled the router should broadcast the routers SSID (the name of your router network)

Also you should have the wireless encryption enabled ,WAP or WAP2.You will have to create a password.

When the IPOD attempts to connect to the network,you should enter or select the router network SSID and enter the encryption password.

The password on the back of the router sounds like the user name and password for entering the router configuration settings.

iqs 20:06 09 Aug 2009

forgot to add,enter the router configuration settings check that wireless is enabled,make sure the SSID is set to broadcast and switch on the wireless security(AND PASWORD),save the settings,close the config screen and try and connect the IPOD.

collinsc 07:17 10 Aug 2009

yes - wireless router. thanks - its working now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?