Unable to add/remove Iexplore in Windows ME

mxyzptlk 19:05 04 Nov 2004

I am running Iexplore 6.0.2800.1106IS in Windows ME. I need to repair it to restore some corrupted items in Tools/Internet Options/Advanced. However when I try to use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel I get a message "Error in setupwbv.dll Missing entry:IE6Maintenance".

I searched in Google and tried several remedies suggested there, including running the following from a command prompt:

rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt".

So far no success. Can anyone help?

MAJ 19:38 04 Nov 2004

Go to the C:\WINDOWS\inf folder, locate the IE.INF file, right-click on it and choose install. That will repair IE for you, mxyzptlk.

mxyzptlk 20:46 05 Nov 2004

Thanks for the prompt reply MAJ. I tried installing IE.INF but unfortunately it had no effect. Symptoms are the same as before!

VoG II 20:57 05 Nov 2004

Try removing IE click here

Then reinstall click here (Note: this is the full download, not just a service pack).

mxyzptlk 23:27 07 Nov 2004

Thanks VoG, this fixed the problem but not as easily as you suggested!

Ieradicator removed Iexplore but not completely. I used Norton Windoctor and Regvac to clean up the registry before downloading Iexplore6 SP1 (using Netscape 7.1 which I already had installed).

Thanks again.

mxyzptlk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?