Unable to access a website

sschsu 22:46 12 Feb 2008

I was using my Dell PC to access this website click here for over 2 years without any problem. Last weekend I was unable to access it with message "IE cannot display this webpage". I am able to access this site with my labtop so this site is not down. Also the Dell PC has no problem access other websites. This is the only website that I could not access on this PC. Any suggestion what's wrong and how to fix this problem.

johnnyrocker 23:03 12 Feb 2008

maybe firewall update etc or anything else downloaded?

johnny

sschsu 23:33 12 Feb 2008

Did try without the firewall program (ZoneAlarm Security Suite) got the same result.

johnnyrocker 23:35 12 Feb 2008

any other updates/security changes?

johnny

birdface 07:56 13 Feb 2008

Turning off Zone Alarm does not work.You may have to check the settings in it to make sure it is not blocking this particular site.Try disabling your add ons and see if it works then.

sschsu 10:11 13 Feb 2008

ZoneAlarm Parental control is not on so there is no site blocking. Installed firefox to try if I can access this site. Same result. Cannot display the webpage. Can access this site on my laptop at the same time so the site can't be down. Very odd.

tullie 10:18 13 Feb 2008

Its ok here

birdface 10:46 13 Feb 2008

normally it is a Firewall or cookie problem but recently there has been a problem with MTU settings.This from another thread.click here worth having a look.

birdface 12:12 13 Feb 2008

click here your click here.When I try to open it.the information box appears telling me it has blocked a pop up.Also the yellow bar appears below the Toolbar asking if i want to allow active x for that program.It also wants to download an add on for WMP 6.4 or something like that.

sschsu 22:29 13 Feb 2008

Got the same message "IE cannot display the webpage". by clicking "click here" above. Did not get what you have descripted.

birdface 09:18 14 Feb 2008

Have you tried turning you add ons off or are you using IE6.Since it showed as a pop up on mine,Try Tools and turn Pop Up blocker off and see if it works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?