Unable to access secured sites

jam500 10:37 31 Dec 2006

Hi all. System windows firewall and norton antivirus ienternet explorer 6. My problem is that i cant access secure sites ie for my account info for an online game i have. This has just started happening after i got an email saying that my norton internet security is no longer supported, Which locked me out of the control panel for it, But thanks to you very helpful people i have managed to uninstall it, Would the two things be related. Allso i installed internet eplorer 7 but i could not get any pages up only getting the message page could not be displayed. Please help. Thank you

Technotiger 10:39 31 Dec 2006

Hi, I would advise you to uninstall IE7, this will automatically revert you to IE6.

Then I would check in IE6 that you have not set your Security options too high.

Technotiger 10:41 31 Dec 2006

PS - I assume you do have anti-virus i.e. AVG free or similar.

Diodorus Siculus 10:41 31 Dec 2006

Try installing FireFox from Mozilla.com and see if you can get in that way.

jam500 16:20 31 Dec 2006

Hi thanks for your responses. How do i checkmy security lvl in ie6, And firefox allso comes up with the page cannot be displayed, Yes i allso have avg free edition 7.5.

Nellie2 16:30 31 Dec 2006

This online game of yours, it's not World of Warcraft is it? If it is then maybe this can help click here

jam500 16:35 31 Dec 2006

no its dungeons and dragons online

Technotiger 17:17 31 Dec 2006

To adjust secuity levels = In IE got to Tools>Intenert Option>Security click on each icon in turn and adjust security levels.

jam500 19:22 31 Dec 2006

Thanks everyone for your help. I uninstalled everything to do with norton and now i have full access again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?