Unable to access program files on C drive

Puma76 20:27 25 Jun 2009

I have installed WindowsCare Professional 2.9 onto my computer. Software was free with PC Advisor. I am not able to start any of my applications stored under program files. The software icons also no longer appears correctly. For example, I go to Start, program files, iTunes and the logo no longer appears. When I click on itunes, nothing happens

Technotiger 20:29 25 Jun 2009

Try a System Restore back to before installing SWC.

johnnyrocker 20:30 25 Jun 2009

might your firewall setting have changed? and is it stopping programs from working?

johnny

Technotiger 20:30 25 Jun 2009

SWC = Windows Care Pro ...

Puma76 10:40 26 Jun 2009

Technotiger,
I have tried system restore to multiple time points and in safe mode. I always receive a message stating that system restore was not completed.

Technotiger 10:58 26 Jun 2009

Uninstall Win Care Pro then try again. Also, are you using Norton, if so this could also be part of the problem.

Puma76 11:27 26 Jun 2009

I thought about removing Win Care Pro but it no longer appears anywhere within my computer files.
I now keep receiving a message regarding Win32.Brontok.....Help!

Puma76 11:28 26 Jun 2009

I am not using Norton. I have AVG anti virus and Zone alarm.

JanetO 11:34 26 Jun 2009

It sounds like either a sfc or a windows repair might to the trick.

Puma76 11:35 26 Jun 2009

An sfc?

Rahere 11:46 26 Jun 2009

Just googled this program and the reviews for 2.9 were mixed - some users report just the problems you mentioned.

I can't offer, an easy fix myself but sometimes programs, their links and their icons will not be found because they have been moved from the original place by cleaning processes or even deletion.

That said try looking for the actual on your C: they should still be there, you can make shortcuts/links to them and drag these to the Start button and Programs list

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?