Unable to access one website only

Helenasks 22:03 16 Feb 2007

HI
I have been unable to access click here for my laptop. Neither can I download my emails from there.
Apparently others can get on just not me. Nothing has changed since I last downloaded mail to outlook on Wednesday evening.

The only change I made on Monday was to download Spamfighter but everything was ok till Wed.

Any ideas?

anskyber 22:08 16 Feb 2007

Disable spamfighter and see how it performs. If it is spamfighter then there may be a facility to accept the site in options.

Technotiger 22:10 16 Feb 2007

or do a System Restore back to before you downloaded Spamfighter.

Your link worked ok for me.

Helenasks 22:11 16 Feb 2007

thanks, forgot to say have already uninstalled spamfighter and still have same prob

Helenasks 22:32 16 Feb 2007

No still having problems

Technotiger 22:37 16 Feb 2007

Perhaps if you run RegScrub, let it fix all problems found (even if there are hundreds - not unusual), only takes a few minutes.

click here

Technotiger 22:38 16 Feb 2007

PS - it is a Free download.

anskyber 22:42 16 Feb 2007

Two things to check. Your anti virus could be blocking it, have a look around to see if there are settings which prevent connection.

Secondly your browser can block sites, depending on your browser there will be a blocked sites list almost certainly.

Finally, to prove I cannot count it could be a cookie setting or ad blocking setting. I tried for ages to get onto a very safe site, the Environment Agency and I found that the ad blocking and cookie control was set too high for that one site.

anskyber 22:43 16 Feb 2007

Trying System Restore is the best first route.

birdface 23:51 16 Feb 2007

If you are using Norton turn it off.

woodchip 23:57 16 Feb 2007

If you have a Firewall Check to see it's not been blocked. Or disable the Firewall and try the site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?