unable to access internet

Melrosey 13:02 06 Apr 2006

my son was using the internet when it cut him off now we can not get back on. I have a Dell pc with windows xp NTL boradband and a wireless network router. I am using zone alarm and have tried swtiching it off and it doesn't help. When I look at the connectivity it says I am connected. All the right lights on the modem and router are flashing. (I am accessing this from work!)

xania 13:29 06 Apr 2006

The way you describe the breakdown implies that something has gone wrong and you have not fixed it. You need to identify what that is - hardware or software. Just because the lights are flashing, does not mean that the hardware is operating correctly. I would start by removing the router and checking for a response just through the modem. Perhaps also go-back to an earlier set up via System Restore. See if you can borrow a modem and install that - see if there's any improvement.

bouncer39 16:36 06 Apr 2006

have had the same problem a few times with ntl, their tech support team are spot on. type "win ip cfg" no quotes . then click on renew or rfresh , cant remember which but its always worked for me. your ip address changes but it does not affect your settings

rawprawn 16:58 06 Apr 2006

It sounds more likely to be an NTL problem than your machine

bouncer39 17:06 06 Apr 2006

sorry, should be release all then renew. keep trying , am sure it will work out. if not phone. 08456500125, for ntl help

Melrosey 22:22 06 Apr 2006

Thanks for all your help rang ntl and they got me sort!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?