Unable to access Internet

carlos 08:50 28 Jan 2004

Got a laptop with one administrator and three users. Administrator took laptop home( at work we use ISDN connection via etherlink) to connect via freeserve/dialup. OS XP. Got it back to work and have got etherlink connection back for administrator but when I try to connect after logging in to any of the users, the freeserve/IE5 keeps giving an "access forbidden" response. Be very grateful for advice on how to re-enable internet access via LAN for the Users. Apologies for perhaps"garbled" info, but not quite sure what I'm doing with this.

carlos 09:43 28 Jan 2004

Reading Stuartli's post in another thread re deleting Freeserve embedded in IE, perhaps I should delete IE5 and re-install? I just thought that there should be a setting in control panel/network settings that I'm missing.

Big Elf 12:00 28 Jan 2004

Is it possible that the person who took it home changed the dial up number?

carlos 13:13 28 Jan 2004

At work no dialup number is reqd ( ISDN). There is a Freeserve dialup number still in the settings tho. When i delete it, it won't let me close the dialogue box. Yet, as we are not, in fact using the dialup number ( because we're not using the modem)I don't really understand what's going on. Thanks for the response. Any further ideas?

terendak_uk 13:41 09 Feb 2004

Re-installed. OK. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?