Ultravnc with BYonder cable modem

Mutant_Llama 16:08 01 Sep 2006

Hi all, struggling with something at the moment....

My home PC uses BYonder cable modem (no router) and I have installed UltraVNC server.

From my works PC I can ping my home computer but cannot connect to the ultravnc server that is running using the viewer software, it almost immediately comes back with the message that it has failed to connect to the server.

I have turned off zonealarm, AVG antivirus and Windows firewall but still cannot connect....

Any ideas?

rodriguez 16:40 01 Sep 2006

Try RealVNC instead as this is the most widely used and the basic version is free. You'll only need the basic version anyway as the enterprise one just includes more encryption. click here and see if it works any better. Just install the server on your home PC and you can access it through a web browser at work by typing your public IP in and put the port number at the end (which is 5800 for web browser). If you want to try again with UltraVNC you might also need to put the port number in for that, which by default is 5900 for the software viewer and 5800 for the web viewer. So put in yourpublicip:5900 and see if it works then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?