Ultimate gaming system

skell 21:28 08 Mar 2004

Hi

Im considering on buying a new gaming system but not sure whether to buy a whole system or to just buy a build-to-order unit. Im happy with the speakers i have and keyboard etc... but would like a better monitor for displaying good game quaility. I have looked at a few system packages but many of these come with TFT displays. Are these TFT displays ok for gaming? because i have heard that the display can get very sluggish in high action games. Also the system packages come with speakers, keyboard etc which i dont really need. Would it be cheaper to buy a system or just to buy an upgraded unit. 64bit or 32bit machine ? theres so much to chose from. can anyone help me on my choices. My buget is about £1000 could i get a new monitor and unit for less or would i be better of just getting a new system.

Skell

steven_frost 22:48 08 Mar 2004

I built my system with parts from my old pc cost was about 200 pounds and worth doing. TFT mons are not really for gaming best to stick with a CRT one to be honest if you're keyboard mouse ext works fine then just update motherboard if you want memory graphics card and anything else you think you need to it will save you a lot of money and you'll get a system you want and you'll know how it works too

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?