ultimate cleaner/defender/winantispyware 2006

eh? 11:11 05 Mar 2007

Hello
Please can someone help with the removal of :
ultimate cleaner/defender/winantispyware 2006,
and related files :
pscmain.exe and asdjhweq.exe.
I have run all the suggested scans in safe mode but am still infected.
Thank you in anticipation.

rawprawn 11:45 05 Mar 2007

If you have cleaned them and they have returned, then they are probably hiding in System Restore. In which case the best way is to turn system restore off clean (delete them again) and reboot. Don't forget to turn system restore back on.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:48 05 Mar 2007

click here or d/l and run the excellent and free Spyware Terminator click here You will only get re-infected from system restore files if you use them. They cannot infect you if you are just running the computer. ST should get rid of the infections and then delete all the restore files.

G

eh? 12:06 05 Mar 2007

Hello.
thank you for that. I have run Spyware terminator, along with the following:
Adaware
Spybot
superantispyware
Avg
Avg antispy
A2
CWS
I also have spywareguard and spywareblaster installed.
They haven't managed to get rid of them, and I did them all in safe mode.
I will try the link you provided for removal, thanks Gandalf.
Will report back with results.

eh? 13:16 05 Mar 2007

Gandalph, spyware doctor found a lot of stuff including ultimate cleaner, but wants me to purchase it to remove them, do you think I should?

dazza39 13:22 05 Mar 2007

NO don't purchase its part of the same thing to get you to buy something otherwise it will keep popping up.I had similar problem to but managed to roll back system restore to another date which got rid of it all.Well it worked for me.

eh? 14:06 05 Mar 2007

Thank you for that, I don't like buying stuff I must admit, but am feeling lazy at the mo and in the frame of mind to do anything just to get rid of the things.
Am going offline for a few hours so will check back in when I return, cheerio for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?