ULead PhotoExpress SE

Mollo 19:23 04 Jun 2003

On return from holiday I emptied all the pics on my Sony memory stick into a new folder created in My Documents file.

I then decided to create a new album in PhotoExpress 2.0 SE and saved my new folder into the new album and the images are held there. Thinking all was o.k. I deleted the new folder from My Documents file. I then emptied the Recycle Bin.

Now, even though the images are still held in the new album and I can print a "Thumbnails" sheet, I get a message "Unable to open the file C\My Documents\Holiday 2003" when I try to open an image file. Where are the images held? How do I access them? and if not, is there any way of restoring the folder I deleted?

I am running Windows 98 SE.

canard 19:38 04 Jun 2003

Double click the thumbnails for the full size image to appear on screen and either save these in a new Ulead photo album or click save and cycle through the folders and files in Ulead to find your original folder. Alternatively, if you know what's in Ulead, access it via my computer-program files-Ulead Photo Express and turn your folder up from the contents.

toxin 20:10 04 Jun 2003

Hi Mollo!

From experience with Ulead PhotoImpact Album, I'm sorry to say I think you've lost your photos. Ulead makes the thumbnails when you import the photos, and stores them in an album file probable extension /ab* (where * is a number).

Thus the album can show the thumbnails, but you cannot do any editing on the photos if the original file has been deleted.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you'll find the above is correct.

Toxin.

mole44 20:17 04 Jun 2003

if its any consolation do as i do,i burn my holiday pics to a cd then at least you`ll be able to acess them.as is said it may be to late.however you could get an undelete progam from cnet or shareware site and providing the datas not been overwriten you may be able to recover the data.try it on the camera data card thats if ita not been overwritten or formatted

Mollo 21:20 01 Jul 2003

Boo Hoo!
I guess toxin was right. Just have to learn from a biiiig mistake.
Just back from Scotland - did it right - still got "pics from Scot" excuse the pun.
Thanks for the advice
Mollo

jakedawe 21:48 01 Jul 2003

If you have a card reader, woodchip can probably send you a small program which will recover practically all of the photos on it. It's called Digital Image Recovery and it's free.

Mollo 16:06 02 Jul 2003

Jakedaw,
You came into the frame a little too late but the info is certainly worth acting on.

How and where do I contact "woodchip"?

Mollo

jakedawe 19:12 02 Jul 2003

Just find a thread where he has posted and click on the yellow envelope next to his name. But you can download it from the link I sent to yo.

toxin 22:35 02 Jul 2003

Hi Mollo!

Tocsin here again, I don't know if it will help, but PC Inspector might help you recover the files, if you havn't wiped your hard disc.

I recently used it and managed to recover some, but not all jpgs I had deleted.

Try click here and download it, may be useful in future.

Jomi 22:40 02 Jul 2003

Have you tried a search on your hard drive?

Go to start, search, and type in .jgp
it might find them for you.

hssutton 09:37 03 Jul 2003

Mollo

If your problem is still not resolved I can email you a program that will help recover your photo's. I would suggest that you do not format or use your memory stick until you have run it through this small recovery program.
As an altenative you can download from here,but please note this is a private server and as such will only allow a small amount of traffic. Go here and scroll down to Bob Koure's posting
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?