Ulead Photoexplorer won't start

Channel 15:43 05 Aug 2007

Suddenly, my Ulead PhotoExplorer platinum 7 SE refused to open, giving a message that it had encountered a problem and had to close. Thinking it wasn't compatible with Ashampoo Photo Commander, or perhaps Google Picasa, I uninstalled them one by one, uninstalled Ulead, and re-installed it each time, without success, and still can't open it. Ulead no longer give support for it, so there's no help there,nor on the FAQ.I've installed it now on my laptop with no trouble.I only use it for its calendar feature, with which I can print a monthly "planning " calendar, which also has the preceding, and following month smaller, to the side or below. I've tried to find another, free, program with the same feature without success- I can print out the current month, or a whole year.Any ideas what I can do to resolve the problem on my PC so I can re-install Ulead ? Failing that, any free program with a choice of suitable calendars ? At the moment, my laptop isn't connected to the printer.

Pesala 13:23 06 Aug 2007

PagePlus 9 for £10 click here

You can make many kinds of calendars very easily (the Calendar Wizard is on the Table Tool flyout) and lots of other documents like DVD covers, etc.

Channel 14:24 06 Aug 2007

Thank you,Pesala.Actually,I've recently bought PagePlus10,but on opening the calendar wizard,the templates were for 2005, and I couldn't see how to change them to the current year.I've now-since your reply, seen how to do it;but it takes much more effort to build a calendar from scratch each month, than using the available templates in Photoexplorer.If I can't run Photoexplorer,I'll have to persevere with Page Plus.

Channel 22:01 06 Aug 2007

Thanks, Marg7.I'd actually uninstalled using a good program "Your uninstaller2006 " which had removed everything-I checked.And I used Ashampoo Winoptimiser.So I'm pretty sure it was all gone before re-installation, and again now.But thanks for trying to help,no doubt it will help someone else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone