Ulead Photo Express 3SE Closes itself down.

Border View 22:29 31 Jul 2003

I have Ulead Photo Express 3.0SE installed. (It came with my Bearpaw Digital Camera and Scanner). I also have MGI Photo suite III installed.

When I?m in Ulead and try clicking on a particular photograph I get the message ?Unable to open file C:\My documents\My Pictures\Elizabeth.bmp?. The file is in My Pictures. I did try to ?get? it again, but when I clicked on the ?file? icon the program closed itself down completely.

In addition, when using MGI Photo Suite III, I sometimes get the message that a particular file cannot be found ? do I wish to browse for that photo. Frequently the program seems to clog itself up and file after file cannot be accessed. I then have to come out of the program and start again.

Any advice on how to resolve my difficulties would be appreciated.

Border View 23:07 31 Jul 2003

Refresh

Border View 11:47 01 Aug 2003

Refresh

slimpickins 12:09 01 Aug 2003

Not sure about why you are unable to open a bitmap file but Ulead doesn't read .gif files and so it would be unable to find those. Ulead3 is pretty old now and so it might not be able to open some more modern extensions and types.

The issue that affects both photo editors suggests to me that you might be short of RAM. Photo editing needs a lot especially if you are opening several bitmaps in a session.

BTW You can now get Ulead5 on cover discs occassionaly, it would be well worth looking out for it.

Border View 12:19 01 Aug 2003

Many thanks for your response. I had a feeling the problems with Photo Suite III might be RAM (I have 128). Will have a lookout for Ulead 5.

Again thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?