Ulead DVD Movie Factory 4

Granddad Ray 15:55 05 Jul 2006

Thanks to guidance from the forums I managed to transfer VHS tapes via a DVD recorder and load them into Movie Factory 4. To this I added a digital tape an a slide show. All seemed to be well until I tried to burn the project. The burn process started but about halfway through this error message came up - "The target device might have some problems. Please try again or reboot" On preesing OK and second message came " Power calibration failed. Error (0x80041459)SAO-2336-SPTI-2A-02-03-73-02. I tried several disks (R and RW) I rebooted several times. Finally I did the whole project again with the same reusult on recording. Can anybody help

MichelleC 16:32 05 Jul 2006

It could be a number of reasons. Make sure DMA (Direct Memory Access) is enabled on all drives. You can check via device manager. All hd's have this facility but some rom's don't. Also make sure your paging (vertual drive) is at least 3 times ram total.

Granddad Ray 16:10 06 Jul 2006

Thanks for your suggestion for a computer buff I am sure that this would solve the problem. However I use my computer Just as I use my car. What makes both work leaves me mystified. I Went into device manager and onto my only DVD-RW drive. I had a look at all 6 tags displayed in it's Properties box. I could find no mention of DMI in any of them.
You second point I just could not understand. Suffice it to say the file I was trying to copy was comparatively small (about 12 minutes of video)
Could please help me out?

Quiet Life 00:20 07 Jul 2006

click here
This link gives a number of possible reasons for your problem

BRYNIT 08:06 07 Jul 2006

When starting a new project did you sellected output disk type DVD. If you sellected VCD or SVCD this will only allow you to burn to CD disks and will not burn to DVD disks.

Granddad Ray 12:37 07 Jul 2006

Thanks Brynit, that was the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?