Ubuntu

karmgord 19:01 18 Jun 2010

I can't get it to boot fron CD on my laptop, I've read press F6 and select na acip.
So I did that ,got a pop out put a cross next to noacip then what do I DO?

karmgord 19:04 18 Jun 2010

Symptom at the moment is it boots ,splash screen proceeds then a black screen as if video driver fails.
Laptop is Compaq NX9030

stormrider123 19:10 18 Jun 2010

Do you get any error message If so what does it say

i expericenced the same thing befoe
if you find,the error message tell me as soon as possible i could be able,to help

octal 19:15 18 Jun 2010

I'm trying to remember this, can you select how the video loads when it boots? It's been a year or so since I loaded mine on, so the little grey cells are a bit weak.

karmgord 19:25 18 Jun 2010

no messages just blanks screen
what i need to know is what i do after selecting x against the option i need

octal 21:33 18 Jun 2010

Have a look at this site and see if it makes sense click here

octal 21:41 18 Jun 2010

Here is another thing to try click here scroll down to Irihapeti's post.

stormrider123 08:13 19 Jun 2010

If you have grub installed then like in Octals article boot your computer them press e to edit the, boot.lst file and add any boot options needed

for e.g by pass video card,errors at the end of the right kernal add b
vga=771
then press ctrl and x,together to boot

If you dont have grub let me know i will post the link to the download site

stormrider123 08:23 19 Jun 2010

Also if u belive the problem is with graphics,card when you instert the cd,and,when you get purple background press any key to get to the boot menu then press ESC a pop will say dou you want to exit graphics mode and start using text mode then press yes and it will bring you to the same type,of inter face as command prompt in windows xp but only in fullscreen now type inthe boot comand with the needed boot options and if you need to add more then one option put a space after each one.

also what,version of ubuntu do you have some offer a safe graphics,mode to boot into which means it bypasses all graphics or video related issues and boots wirh only things that are necceswry and after you install and get into the system you can update your video driver or what ever it is thats causing the problem.

stormrider123 08:27 19 Jun 2010

If you have grub installed then like in Octals article boot your computer them press e to edit the, boot.lst file and add any boot options needed

for e.g by pass video card,errors at the end of the right kernal add b
vga=771
then press ctrl and x,together to boot

If you dont have grub let me know i will post the link to the download site

stormrider123 08:29 19 Jun 2010

Sorry i acciedently posted the same thing twice
Ignore one of them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017