Uatx Motherboard

Peachy boy 12:01 10 Jun 2007

Hi I have a uatx motherboard and case and I was thinking of upgrading to a 8800 gts but as I have heard and seen in pictures these are very big cards and as I have a fairly small pc case does anyone no if it will fit properly. Thanks

citadel 16:20 10 Jun 2007

8800gts is 9" long.

gudgulf 23:12 10 Jun 2007

Can you post more details of your system?

If you are using a Micro-ATX case then it is unlikely the card will fit.

It is also unlikely that your power supply (PSU) will be adequate, as Micro-ATX cases typically use smaller power supplies (200-250W and physically smaller than regular ATX) so it might not be possible to upgrade the PSU to suit.

Peachy boy 22:24 11 Jun 2007

I know my pc case is not a standard atx as it only has 2 5.25" bays, 2 3.5" bays, and four expantion slots but the psu in it is 400watt not sure if that will be any help but thanks anyway

Peachy boy 22:35 11 Jun 2007

Just noticed there when I was browsing a web site for a psu and the screws on a atx btx psu are in the same place as the ones my psu

Stuartli 23:44 11 Jun 2007

A Midi or Tower case offers far more upgrading potential than the micro versions and don't cost an arm and a leg.

It's unusual to find a 400w PSU for a micro case - usually around 235w is the ultimate unless you pay a substantial amount of money.

Stuartli 23:45 11 Jun 2007

..and doesn't cost an arm and a leg....

Peachy boy 21:17 12 Jun 2007

I am realy confussed about the size of my pc case as I read that a tower will have 7 expantions slots at the back and that uatx and micro atx case will normally have onboard sound and graphics both of wich my case has.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?