Typing Training

robbiepaul79 17:03 26 Jun 2007

Hi All

Im interested in trying to speed up and become more accurate in my typing skills. I was just wondering if anyone out there has tried the various training available either online or to buy and could offer any insight.

Cheers

EJ1947 20:13 26 Jun 2007

bump!

Seems like no-one else can type ;-)
Hope someone replies as i too would like to improve my typing by using more than one finger.

Kate B 20:42 26 Jun 2007

Can't really help, I'm afraid - I was taught to type years ago by the BBC's formidable training unit. It's a skill well worth acquiring, though. I'd suggest signing up for a proper real course, though, if there's one locally: there's nothing quite like being taught by someone who won't let you develop bad habits.

recap 21:10 26 Jun 2007

I was taught touch typing way back when I was at school. These day my pupils use Mavis Beacon for their typing skills. I am still in favour of the way I was taught though. A picture of the keyboards above the monitor a cover over the keyboards and away you go. Mind you in those days they were the good old manual type writers.

If you would like to try this method I can email you a qwerty keyboard layout?

umbongo(uk) 21:42 26 Jun 2007

dont laugh but if your young and like games try
typing the dead
it will speed you up without you knowing
try the demo

heres some ordinary freeware and shareware programs

click here

Stuartli 00:31 27 Jun 2007

You will probably be able to take typing lessons at your local college or, alternatively, a Pitmans centre.

Bit like learning to drive. Seems like you will never grasp the hang of it at first but eventually it becomes second nature.

robbiepaul79 14:15 27 Jun 2007

thanks for the insight its not like i use the common hunt n peck two finger method just trying to improve and get beyond my typical 35/40 WPM to maybe improve my job prospects.

No 'live' courses available to me at the moment especially with work commitments and so forth ill try the link suggested though and see how i go.

Stuartli 15:36 27 Jun 2007

Well if you can touch type as you infer (and not all that many people can whatever you may think of the "common hunt"), the answer lies in your own hands...:-)

Practice makes perfect.

chrissy1 19:17 27 Jun 2007

i practise sometimes..had a go on typing.com...got to 30wpm.....couple others ive tried online..but not for a while..

chrissy1 19:27 27 Jun 2007

just trying another at nimblefingers.com

dukeboxhero 19:57 27 Jun 2007

this one might not be for you , but a good one for any children out there click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?