Type of modem cable?

  flanagan 16:21 17 Apr 2006

What kind of modem cable should I be looking for on the high street to go from the back of my adsl router to the adsl filter in the wall? It's the kind with a small square ish clear plastic plug on both ends. I just need a longer length.
Many thanks

  Mr Mistoffelees 16:27 17 Apr 2006

What you want are RJ11 plugs, which are as you describe.

  Stuartli 16:29 17 Apr 2006

You need a RJ11 to RJ11 cable. The cables here are very reasonably priced whatever length you require:

click here

  ami 16:31 17 Apr 2006

If you're using anything over 1 metre long then you need something like this
click here

  flanagan 16:59 17 Apr 2006

Thanks all. That's exactly what I need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?