Two very quick questions about Windows

richyboi 22:40 03 Aug 2004

I use a music programme and I was wondering if I updated my laptop to a higher Windows(from 98-2000) would I loose all the samples I have within the music programme? Also would the higher Windows cause the laptop to run slightly faster? Thanks in advance.

howard60 22:45 03 Aug 2004

in theory anything in my documents should be ok but you should have backups in case. Although the program may run quicker it will be much bigger than the older one and your processor speed and amount of memory will control its speed.

richyboi 22:48 03 Aug 2004

What about everything in My Computer, especially the C Drive? Thanks for your help so far.

byfordr 22:52 03 Aug 2004

It may cause it to run slower! Depending on pc spec. As above backup up everything! Saves a lot of tears!

R

THE TERMINATOR 22:58 03 Aug 2004

I agree with howard60 about backing up your files, but unless you improve you laptop ie. more memory or faster CPU, windows will run slower. There is one thing about each new version of windows. It is bigger. They are bigger because in theory they do things better. To do things better, takes more resources and memory. Windows 3.1 only needed 4mb 95 needed 16mb 98 needed 32mb and so on. So to get the best from each version of windows you need to upgrade....TT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?