Two versions of Nero on one PC ?????

DJ-Garry 16:13 19 May 2004

I have Nero 6 on my XP Pro PC but it won't convert .AVI's to .MPEG's with an NEC 2500a DVD-RW correctly. I have another post trying to solve this: click here but I know the bundled Nero 5.5 I got with my old Plextor CD-RW does do this conversion ok. If I put the Plextor in with the NEC, I know the bundled 5.5 won't recocnise the NEC drive but can I install both v6 & v5.5 alongside each other. I would make sure the v5.5 went into a different directory. Has anyone else tried this?
Cheers, Garry.

€dstowe 16:42 19 May 2004

In paid for versions of Nero, version 6 searches your system and overwrites previous versions, as do the updates of any version.

If I were you I'd put hands in pocket and buy a full copy of Nero 6.

DJ-Garry 18:52 19 May 2004

Thanks €dstowe, I have got a full copy of nero 6 but it still won't do .AVI to MPEG without bringing up an error after trying to decode the first track. I know the full 5.5 bundled version of Nero WILL do the coding. The question is weather Nero will let me install the 5.5 AFTER the v6 is already on the PC?

ted bear 19:35 19 May 2004

hi i think u need to use nerovision which comes with nero 6 for encoding avi files

€dstowe 06:14 20 May 2004

As V6 overwrites V5 on installation, I'm fairly certain it won't allow a retrograde installation either as an addition to, or replacement of, a later version.

I can't imagine that Nero have omitted the facilities you need in the new version of their software so, have a check of the Nero site for updates and install the whole of Nero 6. Note it now comes as three separate downloads. My thinking is like that of ted bear and you need Nerovision Express which is in the second download.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017