Two Routers

websurfowen 14:14 19 May 2006

The wireless router is positioned on the bottom floor but i am unable to get a reception in certain area's in my home both upstairs and down. Is it possible to install two router, one upstairs and another downstairs. How could i work this out.

I have tried moving the router but no luck

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:58 19 May 2006

Some tips here click here

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:25 19 May 2006

Maybe a reposition or a repeater may be better, you may have a problem with IP addresses using several routers.

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:31 19 May 2006

I have the same problem in the area of my main computer, I now have a panel antenna on a 3 metre extension sitting on the dresser, gone from no signal to excellent, you may have to experiment a bit, I bought a hotspot finder to survey the house, with startling results.

vinnyT 11:47 20 May 2006

Or, as i do, get a long ethernet cable (maplin, scan, etc) and use that to connect.

Or build your own cantenna ariel 'How To Build A Tin Can Waveguide WiFi Antenna' at click here.

Very easy to build, and really work, I did one for a mate a couple of yrs ago so he could work in the garden (or wherever he liked in his house, a big house).

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017